Saturday, October 13, 2007

adding calendars to emails,websites and blogs

Here's a great tip on posting CALENDAR events on your website... I received this from Mary Waldron. Took a little tinkering ( and reading her instructions) but it includes some great features. how about this invitation?
Mary has a link to Tuckanoe. I added calender items to www.mountainlaurel.ponyclub.org and www.dressage4kids.com

Many thanks to Mary for her idea!

Jeff Kurtz
DC Mountain Laurel PC~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's Mary's note:
Hi Jeff,

I wanted to see what you thought about Google Calendar. My daughters HS Quizbowl team has their schedule in Google Calendar and I added it to my Google Calendar, which was wonderful. So I set one up for Tuckahoe Pony Club and linked it to the website (the site is still torn apart but you'll see the Google link and the picture gallery):

http://tuckahoe.ponyclub.org

I didn't want everyone to be able to mess with the dates, so I set the account up with the email address dc@tuckahoe.ponyclub.org and our club officers will have the passwords. To display the calendar, you do this (cc'd from the HS techie):

1. When you are looking at the google calendar(s) you've created, on the left side is a bubble called MY CALENDARS listing the different calendars you have (each one color coded).
2. Click on the little arrow to the right of the calendar name, and choose "calendar settings"
3. Scroll down to the section named "Calendar Address" - click on the button called "HTML"
4. a pop-up window will appear with the whole complex web address. You can then save this link as a shortcut or copy/paste the link into an email...etc.

It's an embed command.

I am also very curious about the 'document' feature - that might be helpful too.

Mary

No comments: